Short term car hire in Cork?

A

AKDublin

Hi all,

I have a wee query around car hire - business is going to have me and a business partner commuting between Dublin and Cork over the next few months and the problem I have is that I need a car for my partner (we've only the one car). Does anybody know if there are car hire companies down there doing short term rents on cars - ideally by the hour, but at this stage we'd settle for by the half day. Don't fancy having to rent a car for a whole day when we might only be using it for one or two hours i that day.

Anyway, hopefully somebody will know what I'm talking about, and I'm not completely mad (am sure there was a company down the road from me in LA in the States that did it when I was working there a few years ago).

Thanks in advance,
Alan

The minimum car-hire period in Ireland is 24 hours and some companies insist on 48 or even 72 hour minima. Certain times of year e.g. Christmas may have a 5-day minimum. You may choose to use the vehicle for less than these periods but you won't get any reduction.

Renting by the hour is the business of taxis, limousines and hackneys where you get a driver as well.

There is a number of "go cars" available to rent by the hour - there are always a few of them parked on Anglesea street, sort of opposite the City Hall. This is a two minute walk from South Mall and close to the South Link Road.

Back