Shopping - Las Vegas or San Francisco...

ronaldo

I'm going to the States on Friday and will be doing a bit of clothes shopping with the dollar so low. Where is best, Las Vegas or San Francisco?

I was thinking of doing it all in but I'll be in San Francisco for the first week and won't be going back so I don't want to leave all the shopping until Las Vegas only to find out it's not great.

i didn't find vegas great for shopping so if I were you I would do your shopping in San Fran

I have shopped at the Fashionoutlets in Vegas and found it excellent value. All the top retailers are there; Ralph Lauren has an excellent store including home stuff. Tommy, a good Timberland, nautica, Nike, Addidas, GAP and many more. It is a 10 minute taxi ride from the Strip, so you can shop, drop your bags back to the Hotel, and go again the next day if you want.
I have been to SF but have no experience of Outlets there, they may be a long way outside the city, like in NYC.

The Fasion Mall Shopping Centre (Next to Treasure Island) are regular shops, but its a great centre. The Macys there has excellent value. There must be 100 stores in total and all give great value....Apple, Banana republic, Gap, J. Crew etc etc

I really do recommend Vegas shopping.

I have to agree with mizen head about vegas. We stayed in the Luxor and walked to the fashion mall shopping centre and spent the day there shopping and got a taxi back to the hotel. The venetian has also got some nice stores in it a bit more expensive but with the dollar still saving.

I moved from New York To San Francisco a few years ago - San Francisco beat New York on just about every front for me - except shopping. I'd stick with vegas for the big shop and pick up a few bits in SF.

On the old route 66 just outside Vegas are the Barstow Factory & Designer Malls. I've shopped East Coast & West Coast in recent years. Believe me Barstow is best of all for label bargains. It's also an interesting little break from the Vegas strip.