Shopping in Boston

nolo77

Heading for Boston next week for the first time. Hoping to buy nice leisurewear - hoodies, tracksuits etc., Looking for recommendatiions.

Thanks in advance

I got some good stuff im Marshalls, TJ Maxx and in Filenes Basement.
All in the centre of town.

was there in september - would def recommend wrentham, the place is amazing - Filenes is brilliant for men but not so good for women imo. very old fashioned stuff and impossible to find things.

wrentham is amazing, first time we went we got an organised tour bus there but it only left us a couple of hours there so the next day we got a taxi , sorry not sure how much it cost but the savings we made in Wrentham made up for it.

even my other half who normally has to be drugged, bound and gagged to go shopping enjoyed it and actually bought more then me!!!!

Ate in the unionoysterhouse and you can choose the booth JFK use to eat at

also try Legal Sea Food scattered around boston good value

Then there is the prudential food hall in the prudential building & there is another one down in the main square

Went to Wrentham got the bus out good but not as good as the one in NY

Thanks to all who responded with shopping ideas. The restaurants sound very interesting too but I'm not that keen on seafood. Any recommendations for a carnivore?

Pity you dont like seafood plenty of it in Boston

For more shopping try Newbury Street
we stayed near here and nice area with plenty of shopping

Also some nice restaurants along there for the meat lover

defo go to Copley Place. I stayed in the Westin there and did alot of shopping for great value a couple of years ago. Really good shops!

This place is excellent too - www.jacobwirth.com - for a drink and/or food. They have a massive drinks list. The Chicken Pot Pie is class !

For the best steak in Boston IMO, expensive but very fancy, try [broken link removed] The steak is dry aged on premises and it's yum yum !

The Cheesecake factory is really nice. Serves Meat /fish / burgers and cheesecake of course. Portions are massive though. It was in the shopping complex beside the Sheridan hotel.

Great to hear all these tips for Boston, Im going at Easter.
Staying in the Midtown Hotel - anyone stayed here before?
Also recommend any places for breakfast near the Copley? Going with my mam so will need to have all the info before going!

Take a stroll along Charles Street in Beacon Hill. For shopping head to the Wrentham outlet outside the city. Incredible bargains. Go to the information kiosk and get a booklet of further discount vouchers off the already low prices.

"Also recommend any places for breakfast near the Copley?"

This is a bit of a walk from Copley Square but worth the trip ! - It's open 24 hours and you get good grub, cheap. Good brekkies too !

http://www.southstreetdiner.com/

Back