Shop has lost signed credit agreement

Anitac

I recently bought furniture and availed of an interest free credit offer having paid 10% upfront. I filled out a lengthy form and had to wait half an hour to have the offer of credit confirmed. Now 7 weeks later I got a call from the shop saying that the bank has lost the signed copy of the credit agreement and want me to post a replacement to them. This signed form had my address, mobile number, profession, salary and bank account number on. What are my rights in this case ? No way shall I post a replacement to them and am most concerned about where my information has gone, especially as today an identical message meant for another customer was left on my phone

Why is the shop not posting the agreement ? As far as I am aware if the shop does not have the original agreement- then they cant charge you for the goods as they have no proof of sale.

Also - I saw this happening with multiple loans for 1 couple on UK TV and they got away with thousands- but they were fleecing the banks for small print errors, it should work the same way for shops as it does for banks...

Hope this helps

Thanks Alexandra for that, I assume the shop didn't keep a copy, they're blaming the bank for having lost it

Funny how the original question seems to have been ignored to focus on ways of wangling out of paying for something.....

It might be genuinely lost, just keep a closer eye on your accounts.

I would post a replacement to them and that will sort it out.

Wriggling out of any payment is always attractive, I'm not necessarily honest when tempted - but the main issue here is the risks of such information being lost and whether it is wise to fill out a replacement form and give it to an institution that is seemingly careless. Also, it occured to me today that maybe this is some new scam

Back