Shop and Collect service at Dublin Airport

johnd

I wil lbe travelling next week out of Dublin Airport and I read about the Shop and Collect service now available where duty free shopping can be purchased before you travel and collected on your return. Has anyone used this service and what is your experience of it.

Many thanks
Johnd

I have heard that they have rooms full of reserved items which are not indexed, so they have problems finding orders.

Shop and collect at dublin Airport

I'm not sure about duty free just thought it would be handy to buy cigarettes and drink before flight rather than on way home. I'm travelling by Ryanair so weight is important.

At the moment it's only servicing flights within the EU so not much use for cigarettes or alcohol!

I used it on a flight from Dublin to the UK. There was no problem, I would very much do it again without hesitation. I bought glass christmas ornaments and they had no trouble locating my purchase and I was thrilled that I didn't have to drag them with me!

Thank you Addob, that's all I want to do too. Glad to know it worked for someone who actually used it. We are travelling to Spain so it will be a help.

I've used the 'shop and collect' service on a regular basis and think it's just great! I've bought lots of goodies on sale price and have them stored away for pressies. Just make sure to pay for your goods in one purchase as that way they go into one collect bag.

I've never had a problem with collect - they'll text you a reminder to your mobile phone on your day of return - hand in the docket and collect your purchases! Great!

Just remember to keep the docket safely.....

Enjoy!

shop and collect at dublin airport

JPH - thanks for that information. Good to know it worked for you too.:)

Last edited:
Back