Shipping Furniture From South Africa

StevenC

Hi,

I have recently returned from honeymoon in South Africa where my wife and I purchased some furniture for our new house. The furniture is currently being made and will be ready in July. However I need to arrange shipping of the furniture from South Africa to Dublin.
The furniture company in South Africa will deliver it to any location in South Africa but don't get involved in shipping overseas and they were reluctant to give any reccommendations of shipping companies.

Has anyone shipped furniture from South Africa or similar and if so what shipping company did you use?

HI there...

We moved from South Africa 3 years ago, and brought all our furniture etc with us. We used a company called British International Removers, and they were based in Johannesburg. From the time we gave them the go-ahead, it took about 3 - 4 weeks for us to get our things.
They were great, very professional etc... (granted, it was 3 years ago!)

I'm guessing you probably realise you should have checked this out prior to buying the furniture? I know furniture is supposed to be quite cheap in SA, but have you worked out how much duty/VAT you'll be paying to get it released from port?
Leo

Back