Shell to sea protester -absolutely disgraceful

There's no excuse for saying something like that, what a stupid and disgusting woman.

I'm sure if the FF govt took your land gave you a pittance for it then gave the land to a private company you'd be very angry too.

I wouldn't go around invoking the memory of a Garda in such a disgusting way. Thankfully, my parents brought me up better than that.

Yeah, I'd like to know what happened also. What exactly is she saying? The comments on the youtube link aren't very sympathetic towards her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe, but that's not what happened.

This is from

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shell_to_Sea

Interesting stuff isn't it.

Some hippies don't want a gas pipeline built for some reason that's not entirely clear to anyone.

If you check the register of the Shell to Sea Campaign you'll former FF and FG activitis and others.

As for the hippies and tree huggers why don't you have a good read of the link I have posted.

In it you'll find

Some hippies don't want a gas pipeline built for some reason that's not entirely clear to anyone.

I meant what happened prior to that woman's comments?

I've just read the bit of info that the video clip poster included.

"Shell to Sea protestors at Glengad, Co. Mayo taunt security guards about the recent tragic death of a young Garda in Letterkenny."

I understand it now.

Have to say that that woman and her type bring out the very worst in me but I'm going to obey AAM's posting guidelines.......................!

I'm horrified that she could make that reference to the dead Garda. If she and her fellow travellers up there threw themselves down on the road in front of a lorry etc, and were driven over by it, they'd be the first ones looking for the Gardaí to arrest the driver. If I was running any kind of campaign or protest, I'd be utterly embarrassed and mortified if this woman had anything to do with it.

A compulsory purchase order does not give the land owned a “pittance”. That’s the point I was making.

What happened the five farmers? Didn't four of them stop their protest when they got some cash from Shell? Talking about selling out.

A compulsory purchase order does not give the land owned a “pittance”. That’s the point I was making.

It is when you don't want to sell.

Not to mention there are serious questions about the safety aspects of having gas lines running through peoples properties, considering the huge pressure the gas is under.

Not to mention there are serious questions about the safety aspects of having gas lines running through peoples properties, considering the huge pressure the gas is under.

yea that must be some huge technical obstacle that an massive oil and gas company has never faced before.