Shelf to put between washing machine and tumble drier

C

chewieodie

HI there....

Does anyone know where I can get my hands on one of these? I'll be moving into a new house soon, and we've converted the downstairs wc into a small utility room.... ie... we've plumbed it for the washing machine, and want to put the tumble drier on top of it. I've tried B & Q, Atlantic Homecare etc...
The washing machine is Hoover and the drier a whirlpool.

tx

I don't know where you'd buy one but you could do it yourself or if you don't feel confident to do it get a chippie in to do it for you

I've done this several times its not hard to do.

Most driers are quite light so its just a matter of making sure your shelf is supported on at least 3 sides and doesn't touch the washing machine.

Hope this helps.

We have done this in our house, used a piece of kitchen top, holds it no problem

You don't need a shelf with most washers and dryers - you can just put one(dryer) on top?

go to your local building providers and ask if they have an offcut of 4 or 5 feet of thick (2 inch) worktop or ask around and you'll probably know someone who has some lying around in their garage. Screw some 2*1 1/2 or 2*1 plained boards into the wall on the 3 sides at the required height using spirit level to make sure they are level, cut your worktop to fit and lay on top. then screw down to the supporting boards. we did ours about 5 years ago and its still doing the job.

Kitchen worktop on top of frame made by two by one inch boards has held a fridge above our washingmachine and tumble drier for the last ten years fridge is way heavier than atumble drier, i joined the two by one inch boards with metal angle brackets bought in local co op for a few euro so no jointing needed. if i can do it anyone can, first thing i nomally do when i pick up a tool is cut myself lol nice to get it out of the way early on and then get on with the job

Thanks everyone for your responses... and suggestions! I'll be getting hubbie to have a look doing some DIY.... ;)

Buy him a 6 pack of bottles and have em nice and cold in the fridge for when he's finished.... always helps me get the DIY done quicker

Back