Sheet of Steel for Magnets - Where to buy?

Mers1

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. I would love to pick up a sheet of steel about 4x4 that can be mounted on a wall. Its for my Mom, she has started collecting magnets, mainly from our family whenever anyone of us goes abroad we pick her up one. Now her fridge is getting a "little" overcrowded shall we say.

Thanks in advance
Mers

How about a steel splashback - I got one a few years ago but couldn't fit it with my worktop. So I put it into the kids playroom & use magnets to put up their picture....means less holes in the wall or pulled paper (from blue tack). At least the edges will be flush & the holes there for mounting.

Alternatively, I'm sure you'd get something from a building suppliers

Just remembered, Ikea do some magnetic boards

Any stainless steel fabricators will be able to cut a sheet to size for you cheaply. I've bought similar from these two in the past:

Delvo Catering Systems, Malahide rd, Balgriffin, 17. (01) 8484414 delvo@iol.ie
Stainless Steel Fabrication, U5 Hillcrest Ind Est, 12. (01) 4509799

If you want to make it that bit more attractive, get a picture frame that matches your decor and get the steel cut to size.

Looks like Ikea might be the cheapest option though.
Leo

Thanks a million to all - I really didn't even think about Ikea, I thought only of steel fabricators......

Really appreciate it everyone.

Most stainless isn't magnetic (or at least it shouldn't be) as it is low in carbon. Martensitic stainless is magnetic (with around 1% carbon) so that's the one to go for (or just ask for magetic stainless!).