ShedMan/OBrien timber products

MargeSimpson

Has anyone here employed the skills of either the ShedMan based in Portumna or OBrien timber products based in Mountbellew.
Just looking for some references.

txs
s

We bought an O'briens shed last summer. 8ft by 12ft I think. A pretty good shed by the looks of it, and if memory serves me it cost the folks in the region of Euro1,200.

The snag is you have to lay out a foundation of blocks to their specification before they'll erect the shed. That, I have to admit, can be difficult enough to get right.....It was a few hours work, and we've done plenty of that kinda stuff before. That said, we were puttin it up on fairly rough ground.

Shedman is probably the same though in terms of preparation. O' Briens had ours up and sealed in 15-20 minutes.

Got a 12x8 shed from O'Briens and am very happy with it. Roof is felted as are the insides of the walls. Have left tools and the like in it over the winter and no sign of rust or any other damp-related problems. I got them to install one opening window and I leave it permanently ajar (it can be locked in this position) and that probably helps with keeping it damp-free.

Service was fine - they came when they said they would and the installation was quick and tidy. Laying the base was easy enough, but a little time-consuming. I got some gravel and sand off the builder who was building our estate to help level the ground. Took most of a Saturday to get it right.

Thanks sueellen. I am looking to get a side gate and shed from either. They are local to where I live but I have no experience with them or know anyone who has. I was looking for references.

s

I cannot recommend O'Brien's enough!
We ordered a 26ft x 15ft shed from them last October. They prepared the base for us at an extra cost of €300.It took them one full day to lay the base and erect the shed. the quality is fantastic, they really know their stuff and they are so competitive in comparison to other suppliers. The shed cost us €3400 and it has a lovely log cabin finish with six windows. We live in Kildare and that was no problem. They really are excellent and very tidy too!

thanks everyone. OBriens are the obvious choice - professional and tidy. They have pride in what they do.

Back