Share registry.

Rooney30

Before the banking collapse I held some bank of Ireland shares with Sharewatch . Sharewatch was taken over by another company which I have lost contact with . How do I find out who the shares are registered with. They are worth very little now but it might be useful to crystallise my loss to offset this against another capital gain.

Sharewatch became BXCM (I think) and then the default option when they went was Saxon, so I would imagine your shareholding is with them now.

FXCM was the first company. I signed up with FXCM via sharewatch (ie I was not in sharewatch alone to start with and transferred). As far as I aware it did not auto transfer to Saxo, I changed mine to Saxo (because FXCM were bring in inactivity charges) but I think if I had done nothing at that point my shares would still be with Saxo.

FXCM was the first company. I signed up with FXCM via sharewatch (ie I was not in sharewatch alone to start with and transferred). As far as I aware it did not auto transfer to Saxo, I changed mine to Saxo (because FXCM were bring in inactivity charges) but I think if I had done nothing at that point my shares would still be with Saxo.

That's right... disregard my earlier post.

TomOC, right around the time of the introduction of FXCM fees, Saxo advised that they may introduce inactivity fees - did this ever happen? How do you find their service now?

That's right... disregard my earlier post.

TomOC, right around the time of the introduction of FXCM fees, Saxo advised that they may introduce inactivity fees - did this ever happen? How do you find their service now?

I have probably been with saxo now for two years plus. I do not actively trade but hope to get into it more now (have been doing share trading courses). When I left FXCM I had 2 Irish shares (both I think were bought on london exchange in Euro), these transferred to Saxo. My only trade so far with Saxo was selling one of these. Service was good.
I have emailed and called them with queries and found the service good. Their platform takes a bit to get used to but seems decent.
For direct Saxo customers inactivity charges started in either Jan 2014 or late 2013.
I had transferred via sharewatch. The inactivity fee started for me from July 2014 to Sep 14. In order to not pay the fee you need to trade in that quarter (any value as far as I am aware). The fee if you do not trade is £25 as per . but sharewatch say the fee will be 25 Euro, [broken link removed] so not sure which.
I am not planning on moving from Saxo in the short term and do not know of a better alternative.
It is interesting in Saxo's link above they state
'Please note that the inactivity fee cannot reduce your account balance below zero.'
I am not sure if can have an empty cash account not trade and not pay fees.

Back