Shannon to Washington Dulles

mufc77

Flying with Aer Lingus via Dublin on Friday.

I have to hang around Dublin on Friday from 8am till 2.30pm (flight departure), is there a wireless internet place around there anywhere? Will I be able to charge my lap top aswell

Other question is, do I go through US immigration at Shannon or Dublin, I assume it's Dublin

and finally, the usual liquids rule applies? Can I bring as much duty free alchohol as I like?

Flying with Aer Lingus via Dublin on Friday.
I have to hang around Dublin on Friday from 8am till 2.30pm (flight departure), is there a wireless internet place around there anywhere? Will I be able to charge my lap top aswell

Yes there is wireless internet in Dublin Airport that you can use ... i've never bothered but it's not too expensive (by airport standards) - I think you can pay online or buy vouchers in some of the shops. For ages it used to be free - but for maybe 18 months now it's been a € service. As regards charging your laptop - apart from the business lounges I don't think you are supposed to plug your laptop in anywhere ... but there are lots of plugs around the place.

Other question is, do I go through US immigration at Shannon or Dublin, I assume it's Dublin
Correct it would be Dublin

and finally, the usual liquids rule applies? Can I bring as much duty free alchohol as I like?

Yes - but you'll have to buy it in Dublin ... and you won't be able to bring it back with you to Ireland as they'll confiscate it from you when you depart Washington if you have it in your hand luggage.

thanks Doctor

the alcohol i'm bringing is for those i'm visiting so it's going over and not coming back

It may not even be in Ireland. The 5.30pm Aer Lingus flight to JFK doesnt clear immigration in Dublin - I asked why and it seems the immigration people only work in the morning. You may be lucky and get the tail-end of 'morning' for a 2.30pm flight but you may end up having to clear in DC - I've always got through immigration there in less than 20 mins so you should be fine either way.

Hopefully you will clear immigration in Dublin! On a recent flight from London to Washington the queue for non US passengers was appalling. Priority was given to US citizens from our flight first (fair enough) then they moved on to the rest of us. Then another flight came in and US citizens were bumped up the queue ahead of us and the same happened for the next three or four flights! No immigration officers dedicated to non US passengers at all. We queued for 2 full hours with some people with onward flights panicking about their onward connection and having to beg to be given priority!

thanks all

i filled out the advance passenger information on the aer lingus website, is this just a replacement of the green form you fill out in the airport? do i just bring that with me?

The Advance Passenger Info isn't a replacement for the Green Form (I-94W) - you've still got to fill one of them up for going through Immigration (Remeber to answer "No" to the really tricky quesitons like did you commit war crimes etc. )