Shannon to London Gatwick Flights

Hel_n

I'm looking at booking flights to Hong Kong from Gatwick and so need to book flights from Shannon (preferably, although would consider Cork) to Gatwick. Ryanair fly there but there would be a stopover of around 6 or 7 hours and I would like to avoid this if at all possible. I've tried a few flight search engines there doesn't seem to be any other airline flying this route, does anyone know of any that I might have missed?

Thanks in advance.

Time would fly in the airport, better to be early than late....
Plus with all the security checks..

Also look at buses from Heathrow to Gatwick...(takes about 1 hour) says you should allow 3 (incase of traffic jams.

No other airlines fly LGW-SNN (Easyjet used to but Ryanair beat them off their Irish routes) - There's only the one Ryanair flight each day.

You could get the bus around to Heathrow yes - see www.nationalexpress.com for details.

However the Aer Lingus mid morning flight goes to Shannon at 1050 ... meaning you'd want to be at LHR by around 10.00 ... I'm assuming you're looking at flying with Oasis Hong Kong which arrives into LGW at 0640 ... I think that connection might be doable at the weekend (when the traffic is lighter), but there's not much margin for error - and during the week forget it - the M25 traffic at that hour would make it very difficult to do.

Why not check some of the other airlines flying to Hong Kong from Heathrow - fares to HKG from London are quite low - e.g. BA have a sale on at the moment for £329 return all in ... The other carriers on the route are Virgin, Cathay and Air New Zealand - they likely have similar deals.... They all fly from Heathrow which is better for Shannon connections (and they're less likely to go bankrupt than Oasis Hong Kong :) )

Thanks for the replies. I suppose it is better to be a few hours early, I just didn't really want to be hanging around Gatwick for 8 1/2 hours after an 11 1/2 hour flight!

I looked at flights with other carriers but they range from £892 - £1155 for a couple (vs. £562 with Oasis) and TBH I'd much prefer to spend the extra €500 on a nice hotel for the week!

Back