Shamrock Rovers back where they belong in the Premier League!

colc1

Thank God Rovers made the new premier league but I do feel sorry for Dundalk and Wterford, are the good times back for rovers?

I have to declare that I'm a St Pat's fan but welcome back Shamrock Rovers!

Thank God Rovers made the new premier league but I do feel sorry for Dundalk and Wterford, are the good times back for rovers?

This post will be deleted if not edited immediately!! and just when people were starting to enjoy themselves again the dross of Irish football come back to haunt us! Its enough to drive me to Ga.

Yeah - I'm nearly inclined to start supporting Thomas Davis myself!

Nice one.....I live about 400 yard...eh, I mean metres from the 'Stadium of ****e'.....To be honest (and I drive past it every day) it's sort of grown on me. It may end up being the one area of Tallaght that's undeveloped !

Great news. The FAI are weighing in behind Rovers in their court fight with Thomas Davis. That should guarantee that Thomas Davis succeed so!

Sunday Times last week ( page 7 of the sports section) more or less said that Galway were a given. So much for secrecy. anyway with Rovers having no home, Shels nearly bankrupt, Cork unable to maintain their wages structure, Bohs having to sell Dalyer, maybe Dundalk are better off for another year. biggest crowds in the division by a country mile. always one to look for the cynical end of things. Dessie Casey chaired the independent committee. Dessie Casey is from Dundalk. but Dessie Casey's family actually own Oriel. Dundak have a long term lease. so if Dundalk got pissed off and moved to a greenfield site or decided to leave the league altogether who would be able to claim Oriel back. Nah! too far fetched.

Cuchulainn, was it no surprise that the bloodletting surrounding th Co-Op coup was firmly rooted in who owed what to whom and what were people were going to be running the show. I would love to see Dundalk in the top flight, but they fell away when they decided that going along English club lines was more important and developing the club as a proper business model.

I'd love to see Mr. Haughey venture south of the border, buy the club, the land and make it a real goer, but just as in Shels, there are too many hidden hands.

almo; Gerry Matthews owns the club lock stock and barrel. he has stated on more than one occasion that a football club is a business, pure and simple and to stay in business you make a profit. he also bought Hiney Park off the club last year for €800,000 , a steal, but in fairness has informed everybody that they can use it for football for 5 years. for anyone not familiar with the oriel layout Hiney Park is to the rear of oriel and is probably as big if not bigger. afaik he has stated that he doesn't mind if dundalk vacate Oriel and move somewhere else, if thats what it takes to keep the club viable. on the other hand the club has now applied for planning permission for a youth development centre, as far as I can make out from the plans on this www.dundalkfc.com running the full length of the ground behind where the shed used to be. theres new dressing rooms being built so I dont think he minds if they remain where they are - as long as its viable. also afaik they still have around 99 years lease left on the ground. ( in those plans hiney park is the area to the west of oriel) no other club received the same number of off field points as galway, and that includes Bohs, Shels, Cork, Longford, Drogheda. St Pats.etc etc . No other club. So how did that work? open secret since June that Galway were pencilled in. everybody just thought that it was at the expense of Bray as Rovers were a given to replace Dublin City., correctly in all fairness. and that Dundalk and Waterford were genuinely playing off for a place.typical Fai. couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.

Bohs having to sell Dalyer
Not 100% true. Like most other clubs Bohs have their financial issues but the sale of Dalyer was a unilateral decision arrived at by the members/owners (myself included) and their elected board of management.

no other club received the same number of off field points as galway, and that includes Bohs, Shels, Cork, Longford, Drogheda. St Pats.etc etc . No other club.
That's not what my sources tell me (N/A means not available rather than not applicable here I presume!).

CM. Look at my statement again.OFF the field Galway received more points than any other club. including Bohs, who own their own ground and who you say are in good financial order. Galway dont own their ground. Where did all the off the field points come from in Galways case?

Sorry - I thought that you were referring to Dundak not Galway!

Doesn't the off the field stuff include backgeound administration etc. which I believe Galway do better than most/all? Of course since the FAI never explained the criteria, scoring system or the results themselves who knows...

I didn't say that Bohs were in good financial order but if/when this deal closes they only have themselves to blame if they are not (with c. €60M in cash/assets!).

Clubman, one thing to keep in mind, Bohs are not Shels, what they earn they invest, not allow disappear to all and sundry.