Shameless Channel 4

indebtedgal

I have been watching Shameless on C4 or maybe C4+. I had it sky +ed with the series link option but it seems to stop after the 2 lads that were hiding in wales return, I think its gone on further on other channels but i am not sure.. Does anyone know whats going on and where or when i can pick up where i left off....

thanks for that. I had a look. I need to pick up at episode 11. Ideally would love to watch it on telly rather than my lap top so if anyone knows any other channels running it let me know... or on that note is there something i can get to hook up the lap top to the telly. might be handy....

If your laptop and TV have HDMI connections it's very easy.

Last time I tried 4OD, could not get it in RoI.

Geographic IP restriction, I think it's called.

Sorry, update:

I have just tried again, after about a year, and Lo and Behold, now available in Ireland again, yippee!!!!

Here's a screen-shot of the pop-out player:

[broken link removed]

If your laptop and TV have HDMI connections it's very easy.

i am sure both have the connections. they are both just over a year old and good spec. So what is the name of the lead i need to get. ( i am technically challenged)

Ask for a HDMI cable.

I have one of these - Ive never tried to connect the laptop to the telly though - do you need any software to install on the laptop?

Id love it - often watch stuff on 4oD - and the laptop screen can be very small - wonder does it stream all pixelated onto the telly?

What do you think of the Pauline McGlynn character ? A bit of a change from Mrs. Doyle

i have picture but no sound.. from the telly at least.. i have sound coming from laptop!! i just got the hdmi lead and put one end in the telly and one in the laptop... should i be doing anything else.. i am sooo looking forward to a night of shameless!!

Arrrgghh! Freaken PC pieces of junk. Can you post the make and exact model designation of the lap-top and OS and we'll try to help. I think you'll need an additional cable.

god damn it.. and i was just about to open a bottle of white!! Its a toshiba laptop satellite A300 and the tv is a phillip 1080 hd bla bla bla. The connection i am using is a belkin one i got in argos today, reduced from €34.99 to €8.99.. HDMI Audio video cable,,,

thank you mathpac

i should prob say also i just literally connected the lead to both the lap top and tv (but they are in the right place) i then flicked the remote control a few times until the channel came up. I really am useless at this thing.

So I saved you from gettin' locked in front of the telly tonight - I'm glad you made a suitably acceptable and grovelling expression of gratitude above.

Is it running Windoze 7 - the lap-top I mean, not the bleedin' telly?

nope we are on xp. I'm drinking the wine anyway as himself is out in the kitchen trying to change a plug and is due to be electrocuted any minute so i am hoping the wine will keep me calm during the process...

Sincere thanks mathpac

I'm not having much luck with a toshiba satellite A300 with HDMI. Is there a label on the bottom with a bunch of model information on it (A300 SE or Special Edition / A305 / A300 Pro / A300 02C)? I believe it may be an A300 02C which means your TV remote can control the lap-top (Vista Media Centre or the XP equivalent)

More info - If I'm correct, this model is close to 2 years old now, but none of this explains why there is no audio output via the HDMI cable.

From the review above "During the battery tests I used Star Wars Episode VI and the John Williams score was loud and clear competing with the room's TV for decibel supremacy. I can't think of any other time that this is happened while reviewing a notebook. Likewise, HDMI output of audio is excellent."

Maybe if you hold the <Fn> key and press <F5> you'll get other options with regard to HDMI output.

thanks mathpac... i hope to have more time to play around with it later. thanks again. i had great fun looking at old photos on the tv though!!!