Setup Irish LTD, currently traind under UK LTD.

reddeagle

Hi There,

Im currently contracting in the uk at the moment and am trading through a uk limited company.

I am planning to return home with in the next 12 months and have just received a contract renewal of 3 months. This will be my last contract here.

I want to set up an Irish Limited company for when I come back as I have other contracts in Ireland.

If I put this 3 month contract through my Irish Limited company, am I liable for any corporation tax in the UK or anything else? Can I just register with the CRO and get the company set up and start invoicing though it.

I am not planning to pay my self a salary from the Irish company just yet I want to build up capital in the company.

My plan is to stop trading under the UK company.

I would appreciate any tips from the group.

Thanks

Wait until you return to Ireland to set up the Irish Ltd company.

If you as director of the Irish company and are resident in the UK, you could make the Irish resident company resident in the UK, and liable to UK (and Irish) Corporation tax. This should be avioded if possible.

Put your UK contracts through the UK company, and Irish contracts through the Irish company in due course.

This should keep matters simple.

One other point - what are you going to do with the UK company on your return to Ireland? How many directors? Take professional advice re sorting this out, as being Irish resident you could make the UK company Irish resident also, and liable to Irish Corporation tax.