Setting up satellite on ariel system?

StaroftheSea

I have a TV, connected to an ordinary RTE and TV 3 ariel. These are in the attic and are wired through the ariel socket in the wall. I just bought a DIY satellite dish, and I want to know how am I going to reconcile the two systems?

On the back of the satellite box is the 'dish in' point, a 'loop out' point, a hdmi point and the scart connection. I presume I connect the dish to the box via the 'dish in' point, and the box in turn is then connected to the tv via the scart lead. But what about the cable for the RTE ariel?

I thought I wouls be able to connect it into the back of the satellite box, so that both the ariel and the satellite would be connected to the tv. Is that too simple? It seems that the old ariel cable doesn't fit any point in the back of the satellite box... I'm confused!! Where do I put it?

Any help would be much appreciated,

On the back of the satellite box is the 'dish in' point, a 'loop out' point, a hdmi point and the scart connection. I presume I connect the dish to the box via the 'dish in' point, and the box in turn is then connected to the tv via the scart lead.

That's correct.

But what about the cable for the RTE ariel?
:)

Just leave it as it is going directly to the TV. It won't touch your satellite system at all.

Back