Setanta free for Chorus subscribers?

hamstring

Hi all,
Heard a rumour that Setanta sports channel(s) are soon to be available free to Chorus subscribers? Anyone on here know if that is true?

Last edited:
Hello to you too.

There's no mention of this on the Chorus website and it seems unlikely as they are currently charging €13 extra per month for Setanta.

Although it would be great if it's true.

I have Chorus analogue and don't receive Setanta. But given that Setanta basic is currently free on NTL and NTL and Chorus are now owned by the same company, it wouldn't surprise me if their offerings converge.

CCOVICH, that's pretty much the reasoning behind the rumour i heard too. Hope its true also. And, if it is true, the same rumour has it that it could be available to view very soon......something tells me though that there will be a cost either way for watching a major event such as the RWC.

Chorus Analogue? Great news-although there was only mention of showing Setanta on a trial basis to digital customers on Today FM this evening (from the UPC rep).

Very pleasantly surprised to find setanta and setanta golf(?) last night on my chorus digital.

Yes it's true.

When I got home last evening they were showing Setanta Ireland on Channel 21, where they previously had the local sports channel. After midnight it showed college basketball from the States on NASN.

Looking at its TV listings, Setanta Ireland shows a mixture of Irish sports, (Setanta Cup, NFL, schools rugby etc) and American sports. I'd imagine that live RWC will be on Setanta Sports 1 and 2 only.

Chorus are now also broadcasting Setanta Golf, but it's not free.

polaris-is this on Digital or Analogue?

I e-mailed UPC this morning, but no response yet.

I e-mailed UPC about the availability of Setanta Golf on 7th Feb and got a reply on 6th Mar (with apology for delay) so don't hold your breath.

I have to say that NTL, Chorus/UPC are one of the worst services wI have come across with regards to informing customers of new services, etc

True, I found Sky Sports News (and before that Film4) by accident on my Chorus Digital!

Setanta Ireland is a good addition alright, however, I wonder if it's permanent or just a taster for a couple of weeks.

As ntl customers have had Setanta for some time, I guess that it's just the process of standardising the channels offered by the 2 former companies.