Set up Business name or company for .ie?

F

Flowermum

I need some quick help with this please!

I want to set up a website with a .ie but I need to have my business registered in order to do that.

I already have one business name registered and that was very straightforward really, I just filled in the form from cro.ie and paid the fee. But this new business is in a different sector and I'm not sure which way to go, but either way it needs to be done in the next day or so in order to have the site up and running for 4th October.

I've started baking cakes and selling them. We're doing a food festival on 4th and 5th October and need to have some web presence to direct customers to as we didn't have one last year and missed out.

The easy option would just be fill out the form online and just do the business name but my boyfriend wants me to register as a limited company in case I get sued for food poisoning etc (which is highly unlikely as according to HSE I'm a very low risk business).

What's the fastest and easiest way to do this and can I do the business name now and file as a limited company at a later date?

Aoife

Regardless of whether you are sole trader or Ltd. Co. you will have to register some sort of business name. Just register the name now as a sole trader and then switch it over to the Ltd. Co. later, if that's the route you decide to take.

word of advice - set up on .com & .ie - then no matter where people search you should pop up.

my boyfriend wants me to register as a limited company in case I get sued for food poisoning etc (which is highly unlikely as according to HSE I'm a very low risk business).

You can't use a limited company to evade or hide from your obligations in running a business.

Back