Servicing Gas Boiler

airgead07

Has anyone used the package Bord Gas are currently offering.

€99 for an annual service of your boiler? Have to continue the deal each year, can cancel if give something like 14 days notice before renewal date.

Is it sufficient to get suitably qualified tradesman to service the boiler once he has signed off?

Is that €99 per year? Is it for servicing only, or does it include labour costs if parts are needed?

There are adverts in my local newspaper every week for boiler servicing around the €60/€65 mark (and they are RGII compliant).

at that price are they really servicing??????

how long are they onsite? 20mins I bet, shoddy!

I see one company here for €49 service, €149 boiler insurance for 1 service and 1 years parts and labour breakdown cover. I´m considering them as it seems good value to me. My reasoning would be that their service would be excellent as they would have to come fix it if it goes wrong. Am I missing something tho?

Firstly, the poster says 49 (the website says +vat) so you need to check
If your boiler is in good condition and regularly serviced, breakdowns SHOULD be minimal
so overall it doesn't benefit IMHO, if it did why would the service be offered?
Most companies who offer this service are very particular what boilers are allowed into the scheme (for obvious reasons) and look very carefully at what is actually covered, for instance I have seen people call out a company with this type of cover only to find that the particular breakdown wasn't covered, like a burst heatexchanger or something

Suppose what I am trying to convey, if it's a little too good to be true.......isn't there a saying?

I see one company here for €49 service, €149 boiler insurance for 1 service and 1 years parts and labour breakdown cover. I´m considering them as it seems good value to me. My reasoning would be that their service would be excellent as they would have to come fix it if it goes wrong. Am I missing something tho?

Which company offers this service?

Back