service soon indicator

Westgolf

Would anybody have a way of removing a " service vehicle soon" message from my 2011 Insignia. Its the one with a picture of the outline of the vehicle with a wrench inside. Any suggestions appreciated.

Westgolf

From my internet wanderings,this appears to be an engine management light,so the simple answer would be to take it to a dealer and get the fault code read,and go from there.

Perhaps actually servicing the car?! Its telling you its due. Alternatively get an OBD2 code reader on eBay and turn off light yourself. Cheaper than dealer.

From my internet wanderings,this appears to be an engine management light,so the simple answer would be to take it to a dealer and get the fault code read,and go from there.

Its not a light, its a message on the dashboard screen.

@username123, The vehicle was serviced quite recently but not by an opel dealer.I used to drive a passat and these messages could be deleted or reset by a couple of methods. The passat work arounds are easily available on the net but I just cant find one for the Insignia.

Hope this clarifies

westgolf

Its not a light, its a message on the dashboard screen.

@username123, The vehicle was serviced quite recently but not by an opel dealer.I used to drive a passat and these messages could be deleted or reset by a couple of methods. The passat work arounds are easily available on the net but I just cant find one for the Insignia.

Hope this clarifies

westgolf

The youtube clip above should sort it for you so

Back