Service Light appearing on VW Polo even though Service log says next service not due

newseeker1

I drive a 2010 VW Polo TDI. I got it serviced in August 2012 in a VW dealer and it cost guts of €400 for the service. The clock reading at that time was circa 48000 KM. I believe this was a full service they carried out

The service log book was updated by the garage when the service as completed by tem to say next service due at 76000 km or in August 2013 which ever came 1st

I notice this morning that the indicator light for service is flashing on the dashboard indicating that I need to service in about 1500 km – its appears on start up of the car and disappears a few mins later

The clock reading is currently around 59k – well of the 76k next service details that the service log is indicator

Can I ignore that Service indicator light that is appearing or turn it off– Can ignoring it and driving car till August or till hit around 76k damage the car , result in doing damage to it and resulting in a big repair bill or should I just phone my garage and talk to them

It just seems very short interval of time since I got car serviced to be having to bring it back again (only about 6 months) and I cant afford another € 400 on service and I don’t know if the garage are ripping me off as id be 1st to acknowledge I don’t know much about cars

Any suggestions/advise?
Thanks

The service indicator might not have been reset in the garage.

Get them to reset it for you.

It may also be a sign of another issue, better to get it checked.

Back