Serious Illness cover

Mel

I joined an Acorn Life Serious Illness plan when I was about 24 - I was a single mum at the time and thought it was wise. I am currently subscribed for about €75 a month, and this covers me and my son for list of serious illnesses for about €250K i think.
Is this excessive, given that I am now 30, and in a stable relationship (but not engaged or married) and have never had a serious health problem?
Is there a policy somewhere through which I could save this money / or have the option of cahsing it all in, and keep similar cover rather than effectively throwing the money to the wind every month?

Thanks in advance.

You need proper independent help/advice.

Make an appointment with a fee base Authorised Advisor. Contact The Financial Regulator for the names of A.A's in your area.

The Acorn Life policy may or may not be competitive, and may or may not be suitable to your needs.

HTH.

I have much experience with this company and i would like to warn everyone not to do business with them. They did my parents out of 18 GRAND. True story. We are suffering badly now and there is no way for us to get our money back that has been wrongfully taken from us. I dont know what to do...This is a terrible situation.
Take my advice and don't end up like my family- we have no money now.

Back