Seperated from partner. 2 Kids, he is in our house?

tester1

Just looking for advice for a friend, she seperated from her husband of 18 months early last year. They have a large home and he is now living in same, to cut long story short she moved out and now wants to now where she stands.
2 children aged under 10.
She is now living in rented accom. Mortgage in house in both their names.
She wants to move back and he has said now.
Firstly is she entitled to and how does she go about this?
I am sure he has changed alarm code etc?

I dont know what other details to post, so ask questions if need be?

She'll probably need legal advice. If she can't afford a solicitor, she can try the Legal Aid Board or the local FLAC.

Where are the kids living?

the kids are living with her, she is the main carer. He takes them a few days a month.

She needs proper legal advice. This forum is no real substitute for that. In any case you have not given sufficient details. Why did she move out (which I believe is never advisable) and why does she want to move back in. Does she want him to move out etc. Does she want a divorce etc.

Yes she wants a divorce. He left her. I dont want to state why she moved out as that would identify them to anyone that knows them. But circumstances led her to move out.
I understand this forum isnt a subsitute for legal advice, however it is a starting point to get information.

Yes she wants a divorce. He left her. I dont want to state why she moved out as that would identify them to anyone that knows them. But circumstances led her to move out.
I understand this forum isnt a subsitute for legal advice, however it is a starting point to get information.
To get advice you have to give information. You can be vague without giving the exact details such as adultery, violence, lack of communication, substance abuse, mother-in-law, money. And what does she want, the house, maintenance, custody and what is she prepared to give, what does he want and what is he prepared to give? What are the assets of the relationship, incomes etc. The best and cheapest scenario is one where both partners agree without getting into an acrimonious battle which is damaging to both parties and the children and ignoring who is at fault.

He has tried to get her to sign her rights away to assets without proper legal supervision so looks like he will not be cooperative.
Just referring back to my main question I have been told that as the main carer of the children she is entitled to live in the family home until they are 18 and at that point it can be sold and assets divided.
Can you shed light on this.
As you can imagine she is in a fragile state and trying to get info for her to push her along to seek legal advice she needs.

Back