Seperated from my wife 10y ago & house we lived in was my inheritance.

L

Liam

I seperated from my wife 10 years ago and the house we lived in was my inheritance before we were married.

She continues to live ther with my 14 year old daughter and her new partner as I got a mortage on a one bed flat. But 6 years ago she moved her new partner in to the house.

I am now in poor health and unemployed and cant afford my mortgage.

Her new partner is advising her to look for full title to the house and a divorce, things have got very difficult since he moved in.

There is no mortgage on the house and it just suits him to have free lodgings and use of an ajoining workshop which I often need to use but have to take second place have they the right to do this and Im being bullied.

What are my rights and can a court grant them full title?

Re: family home

Hi Liam. In order to resolve any issues you need to formalise your separation from your wife. You say that you are currently unemployed so you should be entitled to free legal aid. The Legal Aid Board will give you all the necessary advice on your rights and obligations on separation.

Re: family home

hi missdaisy thanks for reply , as it happens im waiting for approval from legal aid, just worried that it will all go wrong