Seperated after a few years marriage. She owes but refuses to pay

11 clowns

Ive been married just under 2 years but 18 months ago my wife and I decided to buy a moblie home for weekends away
We didnt have a joint account to get the loan because she had been black listed.

So we decided that I take out the loan of 18K.

Just over 6 months ago she walked out. She said she didnt want to take the house ( I bought the house before we were married) that she only wanted the mobile home.

I told her that was fine if she would agree to take over the payments and paid towards a loan we took out towards the wedding.

I'm being crippled with the payments, for both wedding and the loan for the mobile. Plus my mortgage.

Is there anything i can do to try get her to pay her half of what she owes.

Interst only mortgage and so far still paying interest so no reall dent in the mortgage, also considering the current climate house price dropped considerably.

What i want to understand is that bills/loans/mortgage etc all in my name can i get some of these transferred to her name?

I have during our marriage been the spouse with lower income and paid for all the above whilst she would provide soley food for the household. As you can imagine this in no way reflects what 50:50 contributiuon you would expect in a normal marriage!

Will the fact that i have spent more be favoured upon considering my income was lower?

Just looking for some basic advice as dont want to pay a solictor hours pay with him giving me baisc info, id like to go in armed and ready so we can discuss important stuff and no B.S

Cheers,

11 CLowns

Sorry to hear of your dilemma.

I think that you are lucky that she is not on the mortgage as that should allow you to keep the house. I think you should sell the mobile home when she wont pay for it. Rent out a room or two in your house if you can to bring in more income

Can you advise more as regards house value, amount outstanding, value of house now and do same for the mobile home. Also what is your approx salary?

You could also try MABS or one of the citizens advice for help as both are free and would be more up to speed on legal side of the issue

Cheers for your Advice Clipps,
Unfortunately i was a little bit silly regarding the mobile Home, Although i took out the loan for it. I Paid for it in cash.
I didnt actually sign for the moblile, She did, SO I'm unable to sell it without her consent :-( So the mobile is in her name but the Debt is in mine

11 Clowns

Oops.. I think she has you there on the mobile home... So I think try Citizens advice or MABS and see what they advise... Unfortunately I'm not an expert here so cannot help further. Hopefully others will also reply soon to your query

Best of Luck

Unfortunately i was a little bit silly regarding the mobile Home, Although i took out the loan for it. I Paid for it in cash.
I didnt actually sign for the mobile, She did, SO I'm unable to sell it without her consent :-( So the mobile is in her name but the Debt is in mine

So if you cease paying the debt on the loan for the Mobile, the Bank will send the lads out to pick it up and sell it. Her loan and you're paying !! This action would refocus her attitude on sorting everything out.

I assume this was an unsecured loan? or was the loan secured on the asset (mobile home)? What is the duration of the loan?

Back