Seperate Kitchen or Kitchen with Bar.

ryan-neil

Hi,

Just looking for your opinion here, in the apartment i purchased the kitchen was orginally a seperate room, the prior owners took down one wall of the kitchen and consealed the door, to create a kitchen where it is seperated fromt the sitting rom along the lenght and at the end where the wall was is now a breakfast bar, i'm am soon to be fitting a new kitchen, what's your opinion on this, while i really like the bar area esp for breakfast etc, i am leaning towards making it a completly seperate kitchen once again. What do you think ?

This all depends on how you plan to use the space. Only you can really decide what's best for you. Perhaps draw out a plan as it is now and with the wall reinstated. How would you lay out the kitchen and sitting room? Reinstating the wall will make the space look smaller, but perhaps more functional.
Leo

How about getting to know some of your neighbours to see how their apartments work with the original kitchen setup (kitchen separate from the living room) and see if you actually like it in the same space?

Back