Separate baggage allowances with 2 carrier flight?

Patch

Hi there

Im in the process of booking flights from Shannon to Boston.

Cheapest option seems to be with ebookers - aer lingus to london then london to boston with Virgin Atlantic.

Just one issue - both airlines have different baggage allowances for their part of my journey - do I take it that I must adhere to each one

or

as Virgin Atlantic will be the carriers for the majority of the journey is this the allowance we go with?

Cant find clear info anywhere on either of their sites!

Thanks for any help.....

You must ask e-bookers.
Nobody can give proper information without knowing whether e-bookers are providing two seperate tickets (and therefore you must adhere to each airlines baggage policy), or -as is likely - this is a through ticket where two seperate airlines have a combined deal which usually means that the largest allowance is the one that both airlines agree to.
Sorry,above seems a bit garbled - anyway ,check with e-bookers

I have found that if you are connecting from Aer Lingus to an onward flight with BA etc that they will allow you the extra luggage e.g. I flew to LAX a couple of years back and had my full allowance of 23kg with BA and Aer Lingus had no problems; maybe a different story if you had an extra 10kg instead of 3