Senting SMS text messages from a home phone.

B

BlueSpud

I am trying to set up my home DECT phone for SMS messaging. I asked the question below and got as far as being able to send a text to a mobile number (087), but not receive one. I achieved this by putting the number 17409900 as SMS Centre 1 and SMS Centre 2 on the phone. I cant, however, recieve text messages. Any ideas?

=============================================
Anybody know what the SMS Center numbers are for Ireland. I want to use SMS for a home landline and am asked for an inbound and outbound SMS center numbers.

Re: SMS Centre numbers

Anybody know what the SMS Center numbers are for Ireland. I want to use SMS for a home landline and am asked for an inbound and outbound SMS center numbers.

A will find a few sites such as this one which have the O2 and Vodafone numbers:

Vodafone (Eircell): +353 87 699989
O2 (Esat) : +353 86 8002000

Meteor's [broken link removed] shows their SMSC to be +353 85 7000000.

Ipresume you want the numbers for your home phone

The folowing are the numbers:
17409900 (outgoing)
0818365135 (incoming)

If you're doing this via Eircom — are you aware they charge 13c per text sent (as opposed to 7c~9c, or possibly free, depending on your mobile operator...)?

I know that the SMS will be more expensive. My motivation to do this is just to see that I can. Who knows, it may come in handy some time.

Thanks for the help.

Back