sent original of p60 to revenue

snowy

ok i was a bit silly and sent the original of my p60 to the revenue when claiming on a med2 form. I honestly thought you had to, now ive got the tax refund but no p60 and im applying for a mortgage and they want it.

I am going to ask my job tommorow do they have a copy on file, but just thought id ask everyone here the following q's

is it worth ringing the relevant revenue office to see can they find it?

i saw a thread that lost ones cant be replaced.. will all banks accept a letter from your employer?

cheers for any help

Relax...there's absolutely no need to worry. Your employer should be able to provide you with a certified copy - either that or their accountant/auditor/payroll company should be able to certify the details.

There's certainly little point in chasing Revenue for a copy of the actual document although they also may be able to print out the relevant details as input on their system from the entry for you on your employer's most recent P35

Ask your bank if they will accept the P21 balancing statement instead of the P60, as this is an official Revenue document with your pay & tax exactly as per the P60.

I did the same thing, I rang the Revenue and they sent me out a copy of the P60 a few days later, but not the original.
I don't think they specify anywhere that on those Med1/2 forms to send a copy but prob should have realised for myself that a copy was sufficient!

When I sent in my original last year to the tax office, they returned the original P60 with a note saying that they had scanned it onto their system

thanks everyone for the reply had a little bit of a painic moment but its all ok now. cheers everyone

Back