Sending Group text messages

R

Ryaner

Hey

Looking for a program that can send out group texts is there one ?

i know on the vodafone website you can send five

In a club and we want to send out texts to all members like a group email about 50

Any options

Cheers

You can also do it via O2 website, once you register

Yep - the O2 facility is great, and includes 250 free texts per month. The phone book facility gets a bit cumbersome as the number of members increases, but once you have your group set up, it is very easy to send out texts (which you can schedule for specific times if you wish) to the group.

It is good practice to explicitly ensure that each member opts-in to receive such texts.

groups

If you set up the group on your phone, you need register the group on your internet vodafone account.
When youre logged on to vodafone, click on the All@once link and then groups to register.

Then to send a message from web to group click on "send from web" while still in the all@once. Sending a txt from your phone is slightly different so have a read of that link too.

There is an app to draft txts from your pc, think its called textbuddy, someone posted a link here recently but I cant find it now and didnt google too much for it as bit busy so.... You might be able to use that to send to groups but youll still have to do the first bit above.

Re: groups

Vodafone do webtext where you can set up groups (even import them from spreadsheets) but you have to pay for them unlike the 5 at a time freebies

Re: groups

I didn't try very hard but couldn't get the new Vodafone contact features to work in FireFox. Enabling popups didn't solve the problem for example.

try meteor...

Meteor also have 300 free txts a month from the website. With 50 members you could send 6 sms to each member per month for free. Not bad. I seem to remember that O2's group txt charges you for every 3rd txt, can anyone clarify that?

Back