sending flowers

• Thread starter oldRomantic
  • Start date
O

oldRomantic

Hi all,

I want to send some flowers to someone in the uk. I've never done this before. Can I just walk into any flower shop with an interflora logo and ask them to deliver the flowers to the address? Also what is the extra cost for having them delivered outside the country?

Thanks in advance.

If you order them from a local supplier in the uk and pay by visa it might be a bit cheaper

I remember shopping around for prices online to deliver flowers to somebody in Canada and found that it was just as cost effective to go to an Interflora florist here and order them for delivery abroad. Just something to bear in mind. Just to be clear - they don't actually send the flowers from here to the destination in most cases but will pass the order onto an Interflora florist in the destination country/city.

Thanks to all of you for your quick replies. Sorry clubman I relaise now my wording made me sound a bit naive - I know they pass the order over to a local florist.

Best thing to do is look up a local flirist in the UK yellow pages (you can do this on line), then call them, pay by credit card and ask them to deliver. i have sdone this in the past and it was far cheaper than Interflora and the like. Tou are effectively bypassing all these overheads.

Diziet said:
Best thing to do is look up a local flirist in the UK yellow pages (you can do this on line), then call them, pay by credit card and ask them to deliver. i have sdone this in the past and it was far cheaper than Interflora and the like. Tou are effectively bypassing all these overheads.

Coud not agree more. Interflora is a rip-off. I can not understand why poeple stil use their services. We got flowers delivered by Interflora, very small tired flowers, We happened to know how much the person paid... €95!!!.

The problem with these "old" fashion company is that they have not keep up with the technology.. the INTERNET!!!

I strongly suggest you tried www.aquarelle.fr or www.aquarelle.co.uk . She/He will received exactly what you see on the web, you will received a photo by email of the bouquet sent, you can leave a note, etc...
BTW, i have no financial interest in this company.. i simply love their professionalism and their service.

I think you are right guys - Interflora does seem pricier than they need to be. I looked at the aquarelle & allseasons sites mentioned above. The only problem is the variety of colours of roses offered does not suit my plan.

I had an idea which I feel will truly sweep this girl off her feet. I want to send her a single rose of a different colour everyday, each conveying a particular message. a red rose to convey my love, white to convey that i miss her, lilac to convey that i fell in love at first sight & that im enchanted, pink to say thank you and coral to show my desire for her. Only problem with this is that both sites above as well as interflora only offer red white pink and yellow roses. Not quiet the same I feel!!

If anyone knows where I can get the missing colours it would be most appreciated....

oldRomantic said:
I had an idea which I feel will truly sweep this girl off her feet. I want to send her a single rose of a different colour everyday, each conveying a particular message. a red rose to convey my love, white to convey that i miss her, lilac to convey that i fell in love at first sight & that im enchanted, pink to say thank you and coral to show my desire for her. Only problem with this is that both sites above as well as interflora only offer red white pink and yellow roses. Not quiet the same I feel!!

Don't fail by trying to do it OTT...It's better to send red white pink flowers rather than none. If it takes you 6 months to find out how to send one rose of each "rare" color everyday.... somebody else could have sent her a bouquet of 30 standard reds by then... So keep it simple and go for it before the clock runs away..

Whatever happened to a few pints and a bag of chips to impress the ladies? Rip off Ireland, eh!? :mad:

I agree with Bacchus and if you try too hard you might freak her out - be careful!

Just to let you know how I got on. I ended up sending 12red & 12white roses to my love and it was very much appreciated. Im still sorry I couldnt do what I had planned but she's happy so I'm happy. Now all I have to worry about is my next big surprise !!!!!

Red and white flowers

Red and white roses, arranged together or white roses edged in red, speak of unity. The Tudor Rose, a graphic design created by King Henry VII in 1485, is a red rose laid atop a white - symbolizing the unification of the Houses of York and Lancaster and thus ending the War of Roses.

But just in case someone is supersitous:
"It's just one of those superstitous things - like never give red and white flowers (means a death - my sister (nurse) always used to pop in a single flower of another colour into a bouquet if someone brought in a red and white bouquet onto her ward - it would freak her out to see a patient with a red and white bouquet)"

Back