Sending An E-Mail To A Bank

Kerrigan

Does anyone know if it is possible to send an e-mail to AIB Finance & Leasing?

I am looking to clear off a loan. I wont be anywhere near a post office tomorrow to send my offer by registered post so to send an e-mail would tick the right box.

The indication from your post is that you are looking to clear a debt by offering less than the full amount due. I don't see this as being a runner by e-mail contact. No Bank will respond to an e-mail in anything other than a general query due to security issues. Best approach is to use the phone & talk to someone in the accounts dept. They can then verify your identity before discussing any offer etc.

AIB bank never e-mail their customers. It is against company policy in order to minimise fraud. Your only option is to phone with your query or post a letter.

Uncertified email does not constitute a legal document so I doubt a bank would accept in any case. It's way to easy to spoof email so without proper certification it's not worth the ...... can't say paper but you know what I mean.... that it's written on. As fer as I know, and legal can support, you can use a trail of emails to support a cause but not as legal document themselves.
Maybe a letter emailed as as PDF document? Of course you should have to have the correct email address.

Thanks for all your responses. I sent them a letter in the post to be on the safe side.

Woodie, your post has been an eye opener! I have been conversing back and forth by e-mail with one of my banks (I've been disputing something with them) and have kept all my contact by e-mail to their individual e-mail box. Looks like unwise as this dispute may end in court.