Semi Solid Wood

Breaker

Hi All,
I am looking at buying a 3 strip semi solid maple wood for flooring.
Can anyone tell me if the actual quality of semi solid varies dramtically from different suppliers?
The reason i ask is in one place i got a quote of €30 sq.m & in another i got a quote for €15 sq.m reduced from €25 sq.m. Should i be very wary of the €15 wood?? You get what you pay for etc....
I noticed that there was lots of black spots in the wood on display in the 2nd place (cheaper one) and it didnt look as nice as the first one. But i hear that all suppliers say that they cant gurantee that the wood will be the same as on display anyway because it is a natural product etc..

Can anyone help me on this?
Thanks

There's a huge variation in the quality of semi-solid, and indeed all wood flooring. The better semi-solids will use a better grade and thicker layer of wood for the top surface.
Leo

Just bought solid timber floor from [broken link removed] . (Brochures on line)
Also, try Bearfood if you are based in Dublin.

Both also do semi-solids.

After shopping around, i found that Brooks had the best quality for value floors.

Note: while many people go for mapple/cherry/walnut, these woods are the softest in the "hardwood" family, e.g. mark and scratch easily.
They are like Ferrari, beautifull but fragile!! Oak, Merbau, Jatoba are at the other end of the scale.