semi solid wood flooring

Bambo

Ive recently signed contracts on a house - the situation is the floors were very warped and "wavy" before I signed...but the solictor sent a letter stating that the seller would repair or replace the floors after signing. Now, we signed nearly 2 weeks ago, due to close the sale on 29th but he hasnt touched the floors.

If the worst comes to the worst -- how difficult is it to reapair these floors...I know nothing about flooring or DIY, so need to know who to contact etc and if this is a common problem. They were newly laid floors as the seller had renovated the house for sale. They have become more "wavy" in the past month.

Is sounds like the floors have been warped by getting wet. I would be very careful as there could be a leak somewhere. Is the floor warped or "wavy" in one particular area or all over? One particular area would suggest a leak.
I would imagine that the whole floor would need replacing. Also this would have been covered by the previous owners insurance.
My experience in this is from the fact that I have just replaced a semi-solid floor that got warped from a leak. The house insurance insisted on replacing the whole floor as partial reaplcement wouldn't work as the floor was glued.
Hope this is of some help.

Was your solicitor happy with that arrangement? I would imagine enforcing that would be tricky.

I'd go along with what Padre says and replace the entire floor. Rip up what's there and ensure there is no leak. Check the moisture level of the sub floor and use a dehumidifier if needs be before putting in the new floor.

Is the existing floor glued or floated?
Leo