selling USA shares

wheeler dealer

The wife had some few shares in total produce now taking over by usa company called dole ,anyway she just wants rid ,Is there any easy way of doing this .You would want a solicitors degree to digest the detail the new company sent .I have a goodbody share a/c would it be possible to transfer the shares to this or would she need her own a/c .Total produce definitely did not make this easy shower of w$$$$$

You don't give much to go on there about what the actual problem is...

How/where are the shares held?
I presume that they're not in paper certificate form?
Assuming not then are they held in some online system?
And does that provide the option to sell them?

They are held by computershare usa but there is some jazz about tax id no.
So maybe the best plan is get verified by computershare and hope that they will sell them .Piss poor detail on what option to sell

in a takeover situation do all shares not got bought by the incoming buyer? i.e. you will just get a payout of the buyout offer price?

but otherwise, I have used computershare and there is option on there to sell - the tax id number is a requirement for dividend purposes and is an easy form to complete - from memory you just have to state that you are a non us resident +/ citizen

50+0

It some sort of reverse takeover in that total produce bought dole but it is called dole now ,sounds similar to the balls of iaws /aryzta

Not exactly sure what you mean by "tax id jazz" but she probably needs to provide her PPSN and maybe fill in a W-8BEN to avoid certain witholding taxes and just deal with any tax liabilities arising at the Irish end:
In my experience the likes of Computershare have lots of easily accessible and understandable info about dealing with and in shares held by them on behalf of companies/individuals.