Selling Techniques-Business to Business

HelpIRL

Hey started a new bizz need some advice, have no sales experience, will be selling my products mostly to businesses so what’s the best way to approach them

Just Cold call and try sell over phone or ring and arrange meetings to showcase what I have to offer? Just make brochures and post out??
Do Businesses mind you dropping in unannounced or should you always call first and arrange a meeting with the manager??

Need some good practical advice please .don’t want to look stupid even though I’m aware posting this in the first place dose make me look like I shouldn’t be in business at all.. But what the HELL if you don’t ask you won’t know!

Thanks in advance.

Maybe get hold of some books from the library.

Approach really depends on the product, sale price, how much the buyer will benifit from your prodct etc.

The most normal approach would be:
- call and find out the name & position of the person you need to deal with.
- If you do get to talk to them, give them a quick outline of your product (key benefits & advantages to the customer) & ask if it's OK to forward some info.
- Post professional looking info
- Follow up with a phone call to the person and arrange to meet if necessary (or ideally just close the sale on the phone...happy days)

Remember, most companies will only order a small quanitity to begin with in order to assess the product & cstomer service - so be sure you can deliver what you promise.

Sales are in proportion to the number of visits you make to the potential customer. Identify a list of customers, do a mailshot to let them know who you are, call them a couple of days later and start arranging onsite visits.

Also have you looked at getting Sales Mentoring from your local Enterprise Board. They should be able to provide you with a few hours free of charge.