Selling old PS2 games

CGorman

I've about 10 Playstation 2 games sitting around... but have'nt played them in months (playstation is broken). I have no real desire to ever play them again - so I want to sell them. They range from the wildly popular GTA3, GTA:Vice City and GTA: San Andreas to the less so This is Football 2002.

Anyone know anywhere good to sell them in North Leinster area... don't mention Xratvision (you only get store credit in there) or eBay (can't be bothered setting up an account.)

You'll get next to nothing for them over on Boards.ie, too, but...?

How about Buy&Sell? Or an ad in your local shop(ping centre)? Or a shop adjacent to the local schools?

I've thought of most of them... but to be honest I just want to drop them off a gamestore and collect the money. I reckon they are worth very little and don't think it would be worth the time and effort to sell them myself... let the gameshop do what its good at. Anyone recommend a gameshop in particular?

I heard an ad for smyths (I think) and if you give in 5 games you get a free PSP game - might be useful if you're planning to get a PSP.

Yeah, I heard that ad today... but the thing is I don't want to play games anymore! Don't want PS2, PSP or anything else... I want to cash in my chips and run!

Game deal in second hand games. I don't know whether it's on the basis of cash-in-hand or credit note.

Thanks Seagull, I must drop in next time i'm in Liffey Valley... any others - i'd imagine the big chains (Gamestop and Game) would only do tradeins.. but I don't know for sure.

Why don't you try eBay?

You can't be bothered setting up an account, but you are happy to drive out of your way to drop them into an outlet that will probably give you next to nothing for each disk?

why not post them up here anyway. You never know Santa is on the way and someone may take some/all of them to give as pressies. I would be interested in seeing a list and prices.

judge said:
why not post them up here anyway.
'Cause this ain't the Buy&Sell! Type up a list and post it on [broken link removed], etc. and pm it to judge if he's interested...

I'd ask myself, only the young fella has more than enough games and anyway his Mam (rightly) wouldn't approve of most of those titles...

After all that... i'm thinking of selling them on eBay! Just for the experiece! Thanks for all your suggestions.