Selling my car

oreilly21

Hi i drive a nissan almera 04 with 34k miles.

i have been trying to sell it in the buyandsell and cbg for a few weeks but have not received one phone call about it. i have it reasonably priced etc but still nobody is biting.... does anyone have any idea where/how is the best way to sell a used car of this calibre????

Do an advanced search on www.Carzone.ie for your exact car/mileage/spec and you will need to be priced at the same as those cars maybe even lower if you need to sell quickly.
I know it’s a bit obvious, but your car might be overpriced.
Also a lot of people would like to buy from dealers with warranty instead of private, especially if there's a car to trade in.

Stick with it, lower your price over a few weeks and be patient.

also you should get a trade-in price for the car so you know your limit.

Hi....What's 'reasonably priced' ? Have you a photo on CBG ? Strangely for a Nissan, the Almera wouldn't have a great reputation...Parkers give it 2 out of 5 stars.....The last time I looked at the going price of Almeras (I had an option of buying 10 ex fleet cars) there were loads of private ones for sale so if that's still the same situation it will also mitigate against you !

Just had a quick look for myself and the most expensive 04 almera is 16950euro
and the cheapest is 9950euro ! some difference.

Its a common problem in the second hand car market, greedy dealers and unrealistic private owners who have been screwed by the greedy dealer in the first place!

have a look for yourself:
http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=search&startrow=1&maxrows=100&Make=Nissan&MakeID=20&Model=Almera&ModelID=180&Year_Min=2004&Year_Max=2004&GroupID=738&SortBy=MakeAsc

Whoever is asking €16,950 for a '04 Almera needs to stop drinking mushroom tea !

Hi i drive a nissan almera 04 with 34k miles.

In the last couple of weeks I have been looking for a new car, so have been doing my research.

When buying from a dealer they will drop about 1k for 'Cash'. ie no trade in. They also have about 1.5k to 2K markup for profit and to cover their warranty. So if buying privately I would expect about 2.5k off a dealer price.

I have also looked at getting a Nissan Almera and have discovered there is a fault in the 1.5 and 1.8l engines. The timing chain (yes chain) stretches and needs to be replaced. There are reports on the internet of this happening at as low as 18k miles.
http://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&q=Nissan+Almera+timing+chain&meta=
Nissan deny the problem, but there are enough reports about it to have put me off buying one.

Towger

Two of my friends had to replace timing belts because of this fault 99 and 00 models, not sure of the mileage though but i think they were chain timing belts, which sould never need to be replaced.

that is the problem with them alright, they are mainly bought for the car hire industry in this country and therefore they are available second hand at a reasonable price, i was looking for around 12500 ono for it.
i find it a lovely car to drive and never had a problem parking either, trying to buy a house now so could do without it...