Selling House - With HAP tenants

cbourke

Dear All,

I have a query regarding the sale of my house which is rented in Dublin with HAP tenants.

Once I provide the 6 months notice of termination to the tenant, my queries are:
- Can I organise estate agent viewings whilst the tenant is still in the house?​
- Or do I have to wait until the tenant has vacated the premises at the end of the notice period?​
- My concern, I can't afford to leave unoccupied, as I need to meet the mortgage repayments​
Reading earlier threads going down the route of selling to the council seems to be a long winded road, but I need to sell in order for me to purchase in my current location, but can't afford not to miss any payments.​
Kindest wishes​

Dear All,

I have a query regarding the sale of my house which is rented in Dublin with HAP tenants.

Once I provide the 6 months notice of termination to the tenant, my queries are:
- Can I organise estate agent viewings whilst the tenant is still in the house?​
- Or do I have to wait until the tenant has vacated the premises at the end of the notice period?​
- My concern, I can't afford to leave unoccupied, as I need to meet the mortgage repayments​
Reading earlier threads going down the route of selling to the council seems to be a long winded road, but I need to sell in order for me to purchase in my current location, but can't afford not to miss any payments.​
Kindest wishes​
Easier to sell with vacant possession. Follow the process of notice to the tenant and send copy to Rtb the same day.
You cannot assume your tenant will leave at the end of the notice period.

If you cannot afford the mortgage without a tenant then contact your bank and ask about a payment holiday. Ask to pay the interest element of the mortgage.

you can fill in the paperwork and offer to sell to county council now, if they don't engage before end of notice period you can make it very clear to council and the tenant you intend to put the property on the market and remove the tenant.

Back