selling/getting rid of old furniture

casiopea

Having sold my property I have a lot of furniture to get rid of (it doesnt make sense to ship it abroad). Its in good condition. Would buy and sell be the best place to advertise this?

Thanks in advance,
cas.

[broken link removed] allows you to advertise it for people to come take it away. You give it away free, but you're at least getting rid of it.

Dublin Freecycle, on the Yahoo groups site, is another that provides a similar service.

Its free to post your items on furniture.ie and generally the feedback we have got is good. As the items don't need to be there long.

It's free because we offer advertising around it.
I always weclome feedback on Furniture.ie

Thanks,
Richard
www.furniture.ie

I had to rid a house of all furniture recently (not in great condition) and put an ad in www.dublinwaste.ie as another poster has mentioned.

It was great, there were cars and vans pulling up to the house for a week and they cleared the place, apart from an old lamp that did not work!!

A word of warning but. I found that people promised me they would come back for an item or reserve it for them but they did not reappear, much to my annoyance as I had refused those items to people who actually would have taken them there and then.

Also, consider joining freeserve ([broken link removed]), its a great free site. I had some stuff to offload and used it, so its all gone (other stuff has now clutted instead!!)

Back