Selling Car - Getting harassed!

tufty1

Can anyone help?
I'm advertising my car for sale in the usual major magazine and websites. However, I seem to be getting about 4-5 calls a day from English and some Irish companies proclaiming to have 2-3 buyers for my car within 30miles of me, of course on condition that I join and handover £100 for the introduction!
Now initially I was very polite refusing what I perceived to be an obvious scam. I just hang up now.
But, is there anyway I can stop this? Should I add something into the advert? Like 'No 3rd party callers' or similar?
This harassing would put me off advertising like this ever again.
Thanks for any assistance.

Re: Selling Car - Getting harassed!!

Hi, had same problem after adv on Carzone, after i put up ad i got an email from carzone warning me about these companies.

I reported them to carzone (via email) and told the caller the same and they stopped.

I've had that too...carzone.ie have a warning about these guys on their website now. They are scam artists.
I told them I knew who they were, what they do and to never call me again. There may also have been some profanity!
The calls stopped

This is a scam there was a programme on rte about this on tuesday.

Read a beuty response to this somewhere.

Basically the guy received the call, said yes I would be intersted, please hold while I find my credit card.

Went down stairs had breakfast tea etc.

Back on can't find my card will look for the wifes

Sit down watch tv for 20 mins.

Back on wifes bag missing

Basically wasted the guts of an hour on the cold caller scammer then told him to F off.

Best reponse I ever saw.