Selling apt in Stepaside Park

Definately the Luas coming to town will help you sell.
First Time Buyers (like me) will feel that moving to a "mature" development is far safer than moving into a new estate.
Also, low management fees are obviously a good plus.

I'd suggest putting it up for sale now, you can see if there is any interest in it.

If you are happy to rent for a year, you could put it on the market now and have a lot more flexibility in the purchase of your next property. You should check that you will get the mortgage for the upgrade, if required.

You say that selling prices in the area are varied, is it the selling prices or the 'asking prices' that are varied? Remember that not all people buying apartments are first time buyers, some people are trading down and a more mature development with nice views may appeal to them more.

By the way we would consider renting for a year. We will do anything for a modest family home in this area.

Well I think that the Managment fees of €1,200 will do you no favours in selling the place. It would be the biggest factor for me in not buying an appartment.
Anybody who would spend €385K on an appartment in Stepasaide needs their head examined. There are 3 beds semi-ds in Lucan (for example) going for 199k(which dont have Managment fees) .

Hi. I recently bought a two bed in Stepaside Park and was told by estate agent that a new lane / pathway was being built linking stepaside park with ballyogan road. I see you made reference to this above. Do you know if there is any official confirmation that this pathway will be built? I havn't noticed and work on this and it looks to be private land??

I don't know exactly where Stepaside Park is, but I do know that from Belarmine there are two walkways opening for September 09 - one through Atkens Village and one through Sandyford Hall. The idea is to link out to the luas and to open a walkway to the new gaelscoil opening in September. Perhaps this doesn't cover the route your interested in though?

Ash21, Cheeus, thanks for info. I think that when the Luas opens and there is easy access to it, it will be fantastic for the area and we all should have no probs renting / selling in a year or two. Please keep me updated on any developments with the pathway.

any updates here? RPA website says they do not expect passengers on the cherrywood luas extension until end of 2010.

I was told by a very good source and not an estate agent that it would be open in the summer. Like a lot of government projects, "it will be completed early!".