Selling an unregistered car from the north!

JoeHooker

Bought a car in November from the North, there was problems with the money transferring to original owner from irish to northern account, it took two weeks, then it took four weeks to get the cert back from the DVLNI, this brought me to christmas, meanwhile i had it parked in the north at my misses old house she's a resident up there but has moved to the south. I'm building a house at the minute and i'm flat out every weekend, had no time to go up and collect it until now. The only thing is i've ran into some money troubles and i'm thinking about selling the car again. The VRT on the car is more substantial than i thought. Thing is the cert i have to leave into the VRO has my name signed on it. How would i go about selling the car will i encounter any problems seen i haven't registered it and am trying to sell it, would it help if i sold it back to somebody in the north?

Sell it up there. It'd be subject to Irish VAT as well as VRT here.

(I assume it's a new car).

No its a 2006 car, but thats probably the best thing to do sell it back upthere atleast they wouldn't have to pay the VRT. What should i do with the name signed on the cert though, will i just cross it out and get the new owner to fill in there name instead.

Not VAT then. Reg. doc. I've no idea tbh. You may have to be seen as the next owner.

Back