Selling Agent fees

Herb

Hi,

Is there a website\information anywhere with a list of Autioneers\Selling Agents (in Dublin) and their respective percentage fee that they charge for handling the sale of a property? Also if possible any extras that they charge for advertising, sign etc. or even recommendations...

Thanks.

I work for an agency on Dublins northside, Our fee is 1% and includes listings on our own site, window and signs etc. We will also rpint a brochure in house for that.

The only extra straight away that we would recommend is Myhome.ie which is 227 + Vat

additional advertising would be discussed with you, if you would like a brochure done with a printing house we would get a quote and discuss the options with you

I would recommend that you contact the top 5 - Gunnes, Lisney, HOK, DNG, Sherry Fitz and request that they give you a quote for their services.

Trust me, it really depends on the agent and the area. You might find that one charges as little as 0.5%, depending. I would be very loathe to go with one fella who has "advertised" his services on the board here at 1%, competitive and all as it may seem.

It's all in the small print ;)

The reason why some might charge less than others is because they could have a shortlist for a current demand in your area, and so have little legwork to do to agree a sale; your property could be in a high visability area and very promotable for them, along with their sign; many more reasons

Best of luck!

mo3art said:
I would recommend that you contact the top 5 - Gunnes, Lisney, HOK, DNG, Sherry Fitz and request that they give you a quote for their services.

Trust me, it really depends on the agent and the area. You might find that one charges as little as 0.5%, depending. I would be very loathe to go with one fella who has "advertised" his services on the board here at 1%, competitive and all as it may seem.

Definitely shop around and try and negotiate them down, you never know your luck.

Also from other posts you may or may not know that I work as a letting agent, not sales so I have no hidden agenda here, I did not post with the intention of advertising services, no company name, broad location, just basic information for a comparison. (The company I work for is not one of the names mentioned BTW)

There are no hidden costs with the agency I work for, as I already stated, all additional costs would be discussed before going ahead with anything. I think most agents work like that, the 1% fee (sorry I did forget to mention there would be VAT on that) applies to all services, whether it is a one bed apartment, three bed semi or a large house on its own grounds, it makes no difference.

You should know however that most agents base their fees on the locality, ie there are 5 agents within a ten-mile radius of here, all with the same fees, but 20 miles away could be completely different,

I was not intending to abuse the forum, I am sorry if it appeared that way, genuinely trying to provide some information which might help someone. I have received a lot of help in the past from AAM members!

I and a number of family / friends have sold houses/apartments privately recently - with minimal hassle. It may not suit everyone but considering we saved about €6k on the sale of our house - which is badly needed now for work to new house - it's worth considering!

Selling privately :

Often First Time Buyers are reluctant to buy directly from a seller.

Auctioneer Fee:

If you negotiate a fix rate there is little motivation for the auctioneer to sell your house for more i.e. 1% of 200,000 or 210,000 make little difference to the auctioneer fees but it can be the difference of 10,000 to the seller ..

It is therefore important to negotiate a time frame for the contract i.e. have a contract with the auctioneer for a certain period and only re-new it if you are satisfied.

Also beware of an auctioneer over valuing you house and keep regular communication with the auctioneer ....

That may be the case - but it WAS a first time buyer who bought our house - he was happier to deal directly with us as he had bad experience previously with estate agent - as had we.

my2leftfeet : Trying to do the same meself, Selling privately. Can you give me any advice on , site to advertise, tips on selling, getting For Sale sign, etc. Thanks...

We put a line ad in the Independent for two days (Friday and Sunday) - it cost €96. We got a very good response and set up open viewings - we had 3 viewings in total - one of us showed the house and the other cleared out with kids. We also put a free ad in the local Superquinn and got some calls from that. We were also going to get a for sale sign made - I think the cost was about €50 - but we didn't need to. We also considered daft.ie

We were selling a house in an estate in Dublin that moves pretty fast. We felt that the house would sell itself and didn't see the necessity to pay an agent to sell it for us. So I would say it depends on where you are and what the local market is like. Family and friends have all had equal success selling privately [in dublin]

Thanks.. I have advertised on Daft.ie and nicemove.ie for 85e each so will wait and see what happens..Any idea when to get a For sale sign for garden..? Should I ask for a booking deposit made payable to my solicitor..??

Back