Selling a deceased persons vodafone shares

MrKeane

A relation of mine passed away shortly after the eircom flotation and we have been receiving their dividend cheques ever since which I usually try and lodge into my kids credit union account (they are usually a pittance) however we want to sell the shares (probably worth about €100-€200) and we don't know where the share certificate is.

How do I go about this, I will forge the signature if that is the quickest or I can do it the right way, whichever is the easiest.

The mans wife just wants it closed because she is getting old and always worrys about these things that they might attract tax or upset her pension etc.

The mans wife also has shares and has lost her share certificate too, I might as well try and sell her shares too.

You don't state if Probate been carried out. If not, this would have to be done 1st.

Probate and all other legal stuff was carried out AFAIK, they just forgot this bit from what I can see.

If Probate was carried out, you should have the certificate. You should also have a copy of the Will. If all Estate was left to this particular lady, she is entitled to get a new Share certificate issued in her name. To do this she must send a letter to the following address requesting a new share certificate to be issued in her name, and enclosing i.d. for herself, plus the Will and certificate of Probate.

Computershare Investor Services
Heron House
Corrig Road
Sandyford Industrial Estate
DUBLIN 18

She will have to do this herself as if anyone else does so, it's fraud.
Then when she has the Share certificate she can send it back in, stating that she wishes to sell them.

Individual shareholders may claim the cash which is presently held in trust by eircom (at the rate of €1.335 per share less a late handling fee of €9 which will be retained by Eircom).

Each individual shareholder should write and sign a letter accepting the offer, quoting their account identification number and enclosing their share certificates or a recent utility bill in their own name.

Payments are made on a monthly basis.Doreen Dalton
Computershare
Tel +353 (1) 2163134
Fax: +353 (1) 2163151
doreen.dalton@computershare.ie
Computershare Investor Services (Ireland) Limited

Back