Sell Golf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louise77

Can you help me, I#m trying to sell my VW Golf, but haven;t had much luck in the usual car websites....it's a 1.4 98 Petrol NCT'ed till 2008 and very low milage at 50K. I am asking for 4750 - is that too much or am I missing something here?
Thanks a million
L

try buyandsell.ie...
i think ur car may be a bit over priced.
new model or old model?

It's the old model, thought the very low milage plus just NCT'ed would make up for it though?

Sad to say Louise..but it is overpriced. Not a car that many people would be looking for...two models back or one? Mark 4 is last model...Mark 5 is current one. If it's the Mark 3 model very few takers I'd imagine. Engine is not small enough for first timers looking for low insurance...

looking at carzone.ie price seems ok, but obviously be willing to haggle with customers. Was 98 the year the mkIII model came out & do you have the older model? Mileage might be considered TOO low, i.e. car has been sitting idle alot or doing very short journeys. This is probably a slow time of year, Christmas around the corner, cars will age a year in Jan.

don't worry about the low mileage babe..not agreeing about the too low mileage part...maybe this time of the year like buying a house people are tight with money and would wait till jan so they can bargain for more.
try buyandsell.ie and throw in as much info as u can..especially service history..

Mk 3 Golf came out in 1992

To sell such a car you will want to be about 20% less than CARZONE

you could try www.vagdrivers.net a website/forum for VW enthusiasts, with a For Sale section

Hi
I have just sold my 98 Golf old model, 50K miles, NCT'd till April 08, taxed till April 07. Sold for €4,500 after a week in cbg.ie. I had plenty of interest. The car has to be serviced and fitted with a timing belt and the exhaust may need to be replaced also. It only had one key as well, I took all this into account when selling car and was upfront with all interested parties. One guy wanted it for €4000 he paid for a mechanic to check it our, was very interested but I did not negotiate just showed him the door. The person who bought it was a 26 year old male. I have had plenty of interest since I sold it. Just thought you would like to hear my experience, hope it helps.

In 1998 there were 2 model types on sale, early 1998 was the MK3 and late 1998 was the MK4, the price you get depends on which model you are selling. The MK4 would be easier to sell and worth more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back