Self employed mortgage

irishguy

I am self employed with my own Limited company, i pay myself every month and have an official looking payslip. Do I need to declare/how will the bank find out I am not an employee of another company?

You're taking a chance, they could easily find out, a bit of googling would probably tell them.

I am self employed with my own Limited company, i pay myself every month and have an official looking payslip. Do I need to declare/how will the bank find out I am not an employee of another company?

Your P60 will indicate you are a director of the company. Also your PRSI class will be "S" which is not that of a normal employee.

It is extremely easy to find out if someone is a director of a company. And you have to submit your last P60, so as Clarkey says, it will show you as a director.

It's 2 or 3 years accounts (depending on the lender) that you have to submit as a company director.

Steven
http://www.bluewaterfp.ie (www.bluewaterfp.ie)

While it does not alter the advice, IMO, the terminology here is incorrect:
You are either self employed, or are an employee of a company, of which you are a director.
You can be a director without being an employee.
So when filling out the paperwork, IMO you are not self employed.

As for furnishing an official looking payslip...I trust it is not a fugazi.

Thanks. I was trying to stay away from the hassle of providing accounts. I switched mortgage earlier this year and ulster bank were fine without the accounts, as I am only trading less than a year. I was hoping to take advantage of the EBS 2% cash back offer, but its not worth my while if they make me jump through a load of hoops.