Self employed, looking for tax accountant

mailmr

Hi,

I'm looking for a little advice/help.

In February 2012 I joined a new company who wanted me to invoice them each month for a set fee. Prior to this I had been working full time at another company for 2 years. When I joined my latest company I never intended staying beyond six months, but one thing lead to another and now it's coming up to two years.

My issue is that I have yet to pay any tax and I need to get this sorted ASAP. Can someone give me some advice on how much it will cost me to get an accountant for this? Is it possible to PM me some suggested accountants? I've check with my mates and they can't recommend any and some of the quotes I've gotten are a bit high.

Some additional info;

• I did initially get some advice on what I should put away each month and that is safely away in a bank account
  • As I have one 'client' and the same outgoings each month I've kept a spreadsheet of money coming in and going out over the two years
  • I'm emigrating in March so this would more than likely be a one off job

Any additional info you need ask below.

Thanks for your time & Happy New Year!

When did you commence your trade? Is there 2 or 3 tax returns 2011, 2012 and 2013?

Are you VAT registered?

Hi Joe,

I commenced in Feb 2012, so that would make it 2012 and 2013 for returns. Income is below the threshold (€37.5K) to register for VAT.

Should be fairly handy, be careful with motor expenses, there has been a good bit of coverage about the allowability of motor in contractor cases.

Phone, Internet, Print Post & stationary, insurance should all be allowed.

Thanks Joe, I don't have any motor expenses to include. As I'll be sending in these returns late will I have to pay a fine?

Back