Self Employed €203 Payment

It would be helpful if the stated criteria for self employed/ sole traders was to be changed from 'cease trading' to 'reduced trading' in line with assistance scheme to larger businesses.... but we may live in hope. My experience over 30 years as a self employed/ sole trader is to expect to get kicked about and ignored by the state!!

Thanks.

The form is a wee bit confusing coz it assumes you're an employee - unless I was on the wrong page.

Anyone, I received a confirmation email, so it's over to them now.

D.

Yes its geared toward employees not the self employed.......anyone got and ideas / links?

Hi, I have been reviewing the criteria for the payment. For some reason initially i thought it covered the reduced hours (?) but now it seems it only covers when ceased trading. So if the income reduced by 80% and basically falls below the potential Covid 19 payment - still self employed person is not eligible for it? I would appreciate your input. Thanks

My first €350 payment arrived in my account this morning.

I applied last Wednesday, March 25th.

I have had no contact with anyone in welfare apart from the "no reply" automated reply to my application last Wednesday.

So, excellent service - no complaints whatsoever.

D.

€350 received here too. I applied with effect from 19th March, will my payment be backdated to that date at some stage?

Yes received mine too finally...applied via paper form in the post on 17th March. Only thing keeping me above water now. Funny as I had to pay VAT last week of almost twice as much! There'll be no VAT payments in the next window...no income!!

I applied on 18th March, with the effective date being 13th March, and received €350 today too. Does anyone know when the second week will be paid?

As my friend has lost online access, I submit this for her in her name, and will feedback answer to her... Christa

´I submitted a Covid 19 Emergency form by snail mail two weeks ago because my new computer had just failed, ( I have a valid warranty that is not any good as the service centre will not operate ‚until after Covid19, so hard to do anything remotely and hard to get hold of any helpline‘)

I finally got through to welfare today, I was told that there was a ˋmismatch’ in my Covid form with my details, and that is probably why Emergency payment was not paid. I checked this again, but pps number is correct and so are bank details,
I was not aware of the rule that anyone who lost their job before 12 March is not eligible, there was no sign of that when I filled in the form, I put in last day of work 10/03/20 and there were already signs of Covid, t.b.h. I went into 14 days self-isolation to be sure after guiding the tour that finished 10/03.

Work and jobs lost were NOT before the excluded time, but would have started shortly after and were 100% Covid related (I even included an overview in my mail) and I have more proof now that all my tours for 10 weeks are cancelled until May2020. So I thought I was really matching the requirement, wonder what was missing and fail to find out. Maybe the form got wet and was not readable?

I have no access to the internet, other than ask a friend next door, but I cannot work on her computer, at the moment we exchange usb with texts if I must email, Welfare want me to log on to their page, fill out claims, but it is not possible.
I cannot use their internet and am trying to organize a computer and WiFi access which is difficult right now.

I need to solve this either by mobile phone (not web capable) or email but find it very hard to find out what the problem is and why payment was not processed and why no one can come back to me by mail or phone.

I know they are very busy, and I was in the queue to welfare for more than an hour today and thankfully got hold of someone who was helpful just before 5pm. But the info that my payment was on hold due to mismatching data is very confusing and I have received no reassurance.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a significant and beneficial change to the published criteria for this scheme.
Instead of self-employed having to "cease trading" the government website now says:

[broken link removed]

"You may, if your trading income has collapsed to the extent that you are available to take up other full-time employment if it was offered to you, receive a payment of €350 per week for so long as you are available to take up other work."

This is a far more practical guideline than having to cease trading.

Back